Life is a balancing act. While I subscribe to the philosophy of squeezing all the juice out of life that I can, I realize that in some situations that I have no control whatsoever.
There are times when I have to throw my spiritual arms up in the air in surrender. I’ve said my prayers and waited for the answer, then waited some more. God seems to turning a deaf ear to my needs.
After pelting God with all my pleas the answer is not what I expect. C’mon, God. It is exactly at these times that I remind myself that God ALWAYS answers our prayers.
God replies in one of three ways:
1) God can say, “YES.” This is the answer that we all are looking for!
2) God can answer “Not yet.” We have to remember that God does not deal on our time. God works on DST – Divine Standard Time. Our prayers will be answered sooner or later in God’s good time.
3) God can say, “ I have something better in mind.”This response is the tough one, calling into action our faith, trust and help. God knows exactly what we need and when we need it. God know our destiny and the lessons that we are here on earth to learn.
With this knowledge and faith that my prayers will be answered, we need to shift to a different type of prayer. I call this the “Prayer of Surrender.”
This Prayer of Surrender is based on four-evers: whatever, however, whenever, and forever.
- Whatever:Lord, your wish is my command. Whatever you want me to do, I accept. Bring on the people you want me to love and the lessons you want me to learn. “Not my will, but thine be done.” – Whatever!
- However:However you choose to solve my problems, I accept your way. I know that you have the Bigger Picture that puts what is happening to me daily in a much more comprehensive life perspective. I know it will work out for the best. However!
- Whenever:Lord, whenever you choose to answer my prayers, I accept your time schedule. I know that all prayers are answered in you own good God time. I will relax knowing that you have the control of the clock. Whenever!
- Forever: Lord I am forever grateful for the many blessings that surround me every day. I will live each minute in gratitude. Forever!
So as you enjoy squeezing the juice out of life, don’t’ forget to relax in the Lord with the “4-evers” to keep your life in balance!